Hello, friends and welcome to Friday Five.
The weeks have been long, the days have been hectic, and I still have so much to do before I leave on my trip to see my sister. Fun fact, it’s been five years since I’ve been back to my home state. I am beyond excited. But, I am also stressed. Making sure I have everything I’ll need for my diabetes, and then some, plus packing for myself and a two year old…Not fun. So to try and keep a cool and calm attitude I thought it would be a fun distraction to post a Friday Five.
This one is 5 things I hope to do/accomplish in my lifetime…
In no particular order, and probably leaving out so many more things, here we go.
- A little random but I hope to visit a few states I’ve never been to. New York, I mean the shopping alone is supposed to be remarkable. The shows, the lights, the history. It would be amazing to spend a weekend out there. Also, Vegas. No, I’ve really never been but would like to. I hear it’s so much fun and the atmosphere is electric. Last, but not least, Washington D.C. Now there’s a state with history and life. I would love to see the sights there and tuck that under awesome adventures.
- One day I would like to write a book. I’m not quite sure what it would be about, that’s probably the reason I haven’t started yet, but I think it would be very fulfilling to write a book about my life. Therapeutic, maybe. Even if no one ever read it, I think it would be neat to say, yeah I did that! I do have ideas swirling around and a few outlines but nothing concrete or worth sharing just yet. I suppose you’ll just have to stay tuned.
- Now this one may be silly but I would love to learn how to drive a manual car. My husband tried teaching me once and that did not go very well. There’s just so much you have to be doing and stay focused on. Some of the cooler cars come manual though. Just saying. Also, I think it would be beneficial to know and have that skill. Not too many people do from what I hear so to have that up my sleeve would be kind of cool.
- In the spirit of travel I would really love to visit a few different countries. I love seeing new places and experiencing different cultures. I think to truly learn about one another is to submerge ourselves. The food, the art, the people. One day I will get to explore and discover and I can not wait.
- Lastly, I would really like to learn how to sew. I can do buttons and small tears but I would love to make a quilt one day. Something that can stay in the family. Something with meaning. I saw one made with Tshirts from states the couple had visited. How beautiful is that. I’m sure I can teach myself, when I find the time. But who knows when that will happen. Maybe one day I will though.
Hope you enjoyed this Friday Five Segment.
If you have any ideas for more of these, things you’re just dying to know. Leave a comment. What would you like to accomplish in your life?
Have a lovely evening and don’t forget to wear that smile.
Fun Fact Friday.
I thought I’d put a little more of me out there, not like you don’t already know so much, and give you some fun facts.
Five Fun Facts:
- I love pb&j’s. Preferably with more peanut butter than jelly. Which is so weird because usually I love sweets. I use to always by strawberry until I met my husband and then I switched to grape, his favorite. Maybe that has something to do with it. Who knows. What I do know is the more peanut butter the better. Recently I met someone who hates peanut butter. I contemplated never speaking to them again. ;)
- I like to sing, a lot. Usually when I’m by myself, in the shower, the car, cleaning. Though I’ve been known to belt out some Disney songs with my oldest. I love musicals, movie soundtracks have never failed me, and most pop songs.
- Driving is the worst. If I have the option of not driving I will always take it. When I was younger I told myself that I’d drive everywhere and love it. It’d be amazing. No one could stop me. Now I realize how tedious it can be. How awful most drivers are and how dangerous it really can be because of said drivers. Pass.
- I love sleeping with white noise. The fan on, anything. It helps me relax. Not sure how or why this started. I remember being young and one of the places my family and I lived at the walls were fairly thin. You could hear when everyone was talking in the living room. Not necessarily what they were saying but the sound of their voices booming through the walls. My parents were always up late watching TV or talking and I would fall asleep to that sound. I can fall asleep without noise but it’s much easier when there’s something on. Weird, I know.
- I despise wearing socks. Unless I really have to, I always choose not to. I grew up in Southern California where the weather is beautiful most of the time. Sandals and flats all day and you do not wear socks with those.
Anyone feel the same way about these. What’s a fun fact about you? Share in the comments.
Some would consider me a newbie blogger but I can say it is something I am truly passionate about. Recently, while searching the internet for other diabetic bloggers, I discovered that there was a (fourth annual) Diabetes Blog Week. This link here (BitterSweetDiabetes) is where you can find the signups and all the information you need about participating. I’m very excited about this whole thing because 1) I love writing/blogging and 2) the topics are diabetes related..and I know all about that. :) With that said I thought I would share in case some of you that blog about diabetes would also like to take part in this. It hasn’t started just yet, signups are today, and the week starts on the 13th.
I am a huge advocate of anything that gets people talking/learning/sharing about this disease.
I am looking forward to reading new blogs. There are so many of us diabetics out there that it’s nice to find a community where we can gather and really encourage one another. Some of us are more “experienced” and some are “newbies” but at the end of the day we are all in this together. I love that!