Hello, friends and welcome to Friday Five.
The weeks have been long, the days have been hectic, and I still have so much to do before I leave on my trip to see my sister. Fun fact, it’s been five years since I’ve been back to my home state. I am beyond excited. But, I am also stressed. Making sure I have everything I’ll need for my diabetes, and then some, plus packing for myself and a two year old…Not fun. So to try and keep a cool and calm attitude I thought it would be a fun distraction to post a Friday Five.
This one is 5 things I hope to do/accomplish in my lifetime…
In no particular order, and probably leaving out so many more things, here we go.
- A little random but I hope to visit a few states I’ve never been to. New York, I mean the shopping alone is supposed to be remarkable. The shows, the lights, the history. It would be amazing to spend a weekend out there. Also, Vegas. No, I’ve really never been but would like to. I hear it’s so much fun and the atmosphere is electric. Last, but not least, Washington D.C. Now there’s a state with history and life. I would love to see the sights there and tuck that under awesome adventures.
- One day I would like to write a book. I’m not quite sure what it would be about, that’s probably the reason I haven’t started yet, but I think it would be very fulfilling to write a book about my life. Therapeutic, maybe. Even if no one ever read it, I think it would be neat to say, yeah I did that! I do have ideas swirling around and a few outlines but nothing concrete or worth sharing just yet. I suppose you’ll just have to stay tuned.
- Now this one may be silly but I would love to learn how to drive a manual car. My husband tried teaching me once and that did not go very well. There’s just so much you have to be doing and stay focused on. Some of the cooler cars come manual though. Just saying. Also, I think it would be beneficial to know and have that skill. Not too many people do from what I hear so to have that up my sleeve would be kind of cool.
- In the spirit of travel I would really love to visit a few different countries. I love seeing new places and experiencing different cultures. I think to truly learn about one another is to submerge ourselves. The food, the art, the people. One day I will get to explore and discover and I can not wait.
- Lastly, I would really like to learn how to sew. I can do buttons and small tears but I would love to make a quilt one day. Something that can stay in the family. Something with meaning. I saw one made with Tshirts from states the couple had visited. How beautiful is that. I’m sure I can teach myself, when I find the time. But who knows when that will happen. Maybe one day I will though.
Hope you enjoyed this Friday Five Segment.
If you have any ideas for more of these, things you’re just dying to know. Leave a comment. What would you like to accomplish in your life?
Have a lovely evening and don’t forget to wear that smile.