Here’s a Friday Fives coming at you this morning. Enjoy!
- Tomorrow I will be 33 weeks along in this pregnancy. I see my team of doctors every Monday and Thursday. The non-stress tests are fun because I get to listen to my little guys heartbeat and you can hear whenever he moves, too. The comfy leather couches in the office aren’t bad either. Makes me want a couple of leather loungers for the house. They would have made relaxing during this pregnancy a bit easier, I think. Thursday is ultrasound day and that is even better because I actually get to see my chubby little guy on screen. Yesterday was a blast. He was so sleepy and not wanting to cooperate with the ultrasound tech so she gave him a little wake up call with this buzzer thing she placed on my belly. All of a sudden he jolts up and punches me right in the stomach. (Could you blame him?) Then you could see him start turning, and stretching. He started smacking his lips together and yawning. It was precious. Here’s a picture.
- I started getting my hospital bag together. I have clothes for me and baby. Two outfits for him, newborn and 0-3 sizes, just because I don’t know how much he will be weighing at birth. The only things I need now are some travel sized toiletries and a few things that I use daily so I can’t add them just yet. I’m feeling very accomplished though. I am hoping to get to do the maternity, labor and delivery, tour soon. We went Wednesday but weren’t able to find anyone who could show us around. I was bummed but we’ll try again this Wednesday. It’s not super important but I would like to know where to go and what the rooms will look like.
- The months are starting to get hectic. I have loads of appointments but most importantly my brother in law is getting married in a few weeks. There is a lot of planning on every ones part to get stuff done and situated for the big day. Especially since my husband is the best man and the little one gets to be one of the flower girls. Next month is my daughters seventh birthday. I am feeling slightly stressed out about it because I will be having a baby and trying to plan some epic festivities for her and some of her friends. Then the holidays and all the planning that those entail. I am just so ready for a vacation. :)
- With pregnancy comes a lot of symptoms. My number one annoyance is the back pain. I started using a maternity belt though and I have to say it has helped out a ton so far. I was iffy about it at first. Tried it a few times here and there but then finally buckled down and gave it a real go and it has just been great. I worked without it the other day and could totally feel a difference. I would recommend it to any pregnant mama who is having to stand a lot. Or move around a ton. Really I would say just try it even if you are at home. I got mine from Babies R Us and it was around thirty dollars. Not bad for what it has done for me.
- As far as my diabetes goes everything is great. I haven’t needed to make any adjustments on insulin dosages. Though my specialist warns that towards the end of this pregnancy, so very soon here, I might need to make a few changes here and there. She’s set up blood work for me because she is curious as to what my A1c will be. My last one was in the mid sixes, in February, and that was because I had just started the pump. She thinks I’ll be in the fives. At first she wasn’t concerned with checking my A1c because the daily numbers gave her a better picture of my diabetes management but since I am doing so well she thought I’d like to know where I was in that aspect. She’s right. Someone had posted somewhere that your A1c is kind of like a report card. I’m curious to see what it could be.
- BONUS: I forgot to mention that we are also getting ready for Halloween around here. Going to head out and get decorations soon. I already bought my daughter her costume. She will be going as Elsa. Like most little girls this season I’m sure. I expect to be enveloped in a sea of blue ice queens come Halloween night. My husband and I hunted store to store to find one and finally did. They have been sold out for quite some time now. I was so happy because I know it’s what she really wanted. Her expression was priceless when we showed her. I wish we would have gotten it on camera.
I hope October is treating you well.
Many thanks for stopping by and as always..Don’t forget to smile.